Pages

Wednesday, 27 March 2019

Tin Poem

So, we started the poem making with a warm up the whole class did. The poem we wrote was about the colour blue. For that we each wrote a line about the colour. After that two of the girls in my class placed the lines in a order that makes sense.Then we got the tin with the objects in it. We had to write 40 words about the object we got. I got the key. It's a lot harder to describe a key then I thought. Then we chose our best twenty words, those are the words we had to use for our poems. I wrote my words down on pieces of paper and mucked around with the order of them until it sounded good. Then I got rid of two of them, because the first word of the poem is an anagram and the last word is the object the poem is about. I drafted my poem on a paper copy of the cards we wrote our poems (The poem cards are the ones in the pictures above). Finally I wrote my good copy in a really nice gold pen on the actual card.The poem writing was a nation wide activity that 96,000 students participated in, called Get New Zealand Writing. My classes poems are being sent to a school in Birkenhead, Auckland.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keen to hear what you thought about doing this activity?

    ReplyDelete